The city-building strategy board game Tiny Towns has been awarded the 2020 Origins Awards Best Board Game of the Year.
Winners of this year’s Origins Awards were announced this week, highlighting the Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design members’ picks for their favorite games and gaming items in 10 different categories.
Tiny Towns, a game for up to six players in which you gather and use resources to build a town to score the most victory points, took the top prize this year. At of time of writing, Tiny Towns boasts a 7.4/10 rating on BoardGameGeek.
Other games and game-related items taking top prizes in their categories include:
- Best Card Game: Point Salad
- Best Family Game: The Quacks of Quedlinburg
- Best Historical Game: Pandemic: Fall of Rome
- Digital Adaptation: Tsuro VR
- Best Collectible Game: Marvel HeroClix: Avengers Black Panther and the Illuminati Booster Brick
- Best Role-Playing Game: Teens in Space
- Best Game Accessory: Citadel Contrast Paint
- Best Miniatures Game: Warcry
- Best Historical Miniatures Game: Bolt Action: Campaign D-Day Operation Overlord